Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Heat wave

The calm before the crying storm.

I truly became a Sacramentan these last two days because I had my first experience with triple-digit temperatures.

I spent most of the time in air conditioned spaces, but Mom and Dad took me out to Curtis Park on Sunday night for a concert and picnic with friends. I was asleep for most of that time, but when I woke up after about 45 minutes, I realized how hot it was outside. Also, I saw everyone else eating, and I wanted to eat, too. So I demanded food and comfort in the best way I know how -- by wailing at the top of my lungs.

I had an obstructed view of the game.

We also went out to Roseville to see my grandparents this weekend. And we watched the U.S. in the World Cup with Dan and Molly. There was some yelling again, but I guess it wasn't the good kind of yelling this time because we apparently won't be watching the U.S. again in the World Cup until I'm at least 4 years old.

Who's your mummy?

The heat must have made me tired because I set a new overnight PR for length of sleep. Six whole hours on Sunday night. I didn't repeat that feat Monday, but I did sleep four hours and four hours. My parents are hoping it won't be long until I make it through the night. Wishful thinking ...

No comments:

Post a Comment