Monday, June 7, 2010

Sushi excursion


I was like a lunch ticking time bomb, but I didn't go off.

I had my first sushi restaurant meal today.

OK, I didn't actually eat any Japanese food myself, but I got to watch mommy and daddy and Grandpa Jim enjoy their lunch. Maybe I'll taste it in a couple hours.

My dad is Japanese American and he loves Jap
anese food, so I'll probably eat a lot of sushi in my lifetime. Plus, my name sounds like someone who should be into fish.

Why are these people smiling despite their lunch plans being foiled? Me, of course.

It wasn't planned this way. We were all supposed to take a short walk to Ford's Real Hamburgers. But the place was closed. They should change their name to Ford's Sometimes Open Hamburgers, considering they are closed almost every time mommy and daddy want to eat there.

So we walked to Sushi Cafe, the local place that mommy and daddy used to go to regularly. They probably thought they'd go there a lot less once they had me, but I've been a cooperative kid so far. I slept through lunch and didn't cry at all. Perhaps I like to lull my parents into a false sense of complacency.

Note: Some of you loyal Finn followers may have noticed I changed the name of this blog. "Fans of Finn" was a good placeholder, but it sounded like something my dad came up with after two hours of sleep on a hospital fold-out couch. I went with "Finnatics" instead. It describes you, my readers, and it sounds like it could also describe my various antics. Of which there will be many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment