Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tale of the tape

I do some of my best thinking in the tub.

Most people hate when they look at the scale and see they've gained weight. But not me.

I went in yesterday for my two-week checkup and got a clean bill of health. My pediatrician, Dr. Cooke, said I was in perfect shape. I gained nearly a full pound since my last checkup 12 days beforehand and more than an inch and a half in length. I'm right around the 50th percentile for my measurements.

If my dad had blown on the scale, I would have hit 9 pounds.

My new stats:
Weight: 8 pounds, 15.7 ounces
Length: 21.1 inches

If nerves hadn't caused me to have that last-minute bathroom break, I might have hit a full 9 pounds on the scale. So we'll round up and call it 9 pounds.

The doc says everything seems to be going great. He was surprised that my parents were so wide awake. He also said the ultrasound for my hip showed no problems. Because I was a breech baby, my legs were crunched upward in the womb, so the docs originally had some concern about my hips. But I've now been cleared to become a long-distance runner. I'm planning to win the under-6-month division for Run to Feed the Hungry in November, so that diagnosis was crucial.

My parents celebrated with a trip to Lalo's, an authentic Mexican restaurant in the neighborhood, just a short 15-minute walk away. Later that night, I had my first real bath in my fancy Eurobath tub and my rubber ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment