We celebrated my one-week birthday yesterday with two of my parents' favorite things: a trip to Peet's Coffee and a walk along the American River Parkway. It seems like mommy and daddy really needed both.
For some reason, we went into this Peet's place and my parents started swilling black juice like it was a magic potion to cure all of their ills. I don't know why they should have any discomfort these days.
Then we got in my big stroller and went for a walk along the river. It was peaceful out there. There was this trickling sound kinda like the noise my parents use in my room at night. Every now and then, people zoomed past me on these two-wheeled contraptions. They were kind of a blur. Then again, everything I see right now is a blur, especially after I down a few shots of milk.
And then I got a present last night: my Auntie Courtney -- I call her "Auntie C" -- came to visit me for the first time. I greeted her by crying for about half an hour. It's my standard greeting to people I love.
After eating dinner, I calmed down and we stared at each other for a long while. She used to call me Yamo, playing on my last name and the Spanish phrase llamo, which people use when referring to their names. But she likes to call me Finn now.




No comments:
Post a Comment