Friday, June 18, 2010

Thursday in the parks

It may look like I'm snoozing, but this is how I rock out.

I don't like to be cooped up, so my parents and I headed out Thursday to a lunchtime concert in downtown Sacramento and a Slugs softball game that daddy played in.

The concert was hosted in Fremont Park by the folks at H
ot Italian restaurant and the Sac News & Review. Not a bad deal - some tunes, a panini, a salad and some drinks for $20. We also got a T-shirt for free. A lot of people say Sacramento can be unbearably hot in the summer, but the weather has been very comfortable the whole time I've been here. Thursday was no different; my parents could have sat in the shade all day long. Alas, I needed a nap and some food, so we went home after about 90 minutes.

My dad is 3-for-3 since I've been alive. Coincidence?

Later Thursday, we went to Tahoe Park to watch my daddy play softball with the Slugs. The team is now in its ninth year, which seems like a really long time. The Slugs pulled off their second straight win, this time a 9-8 victory with a walk-off sacrifice fly. I met a lot of daddy's friends and also Max Lillis, who's six months old. I wanted to get a Slugs onesie, but the concessions stand was all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment