

After watching guys hit this small ball on TV -- or not hit the small ball, as the case has been with my favorite team, the Giants -- I finally made it out to my first live baseball game on Tuesday. It wasn't a Giants game, though. Daddy says I have to wait to go to the big leagues because it takes a lot of hard work and practice to sit through an entire major-league baseball game. He also says it takes a particular amount of patience to watch the Giants, and right now I have the patience of a four-week-old.
(By the way, that four-week mark means I'm no longer a newborn. Yay to infanthood!)
So Mom and I went with Ellen and Molly to a Sacramento River Cats game on Tuesday. We sat on the lawn and I heckled the bullpen pitchers with my cries. Mom made me wear an Oakland A's jersey, and I complied because we were going to the A's minor-league game. Ellen continues to try to talk me into being an A's fan, and if the Giants keep getting swept by the Dodgers, I may have to actually think about it.
Apparently, the Sacramento River Cats play in West Sacramento, which is in Yolo County. And Yolo County is an entirely different place than Sacramento. They speak a different language, eat different food. It's amazing how much life changes when you cross the river.
Speaking of which, we went to some other places in this Yolo County on Wednesday. We visited Mom's former workplace, the Explorit Science Center, where I hope to learn science when I am older. I met my first friend younger than me, Brooke, who was born a few days after I was.
And then we went to the Davis Farmer's Market. Talk about a culture change. People there travel on these two-wheeled devices and they have a lot of items made out of this material called hemp. Mom goes there to play Scrabble in the summer, so that's why we went yesterday.
I opened with the only Scrabble word I know, aa, and when my turn came back around, I gave some excuse about having made a poopy in my diaper and nodded off to sleep. I don't want anyone to realize that my Scrabble vocabulary is so limited, you know.




Happy 4-week Birthday, Finn! Stick with the Giants. It's in your genes!
ReplyDelete