Monday, June 21, 2010
Sleepy parents
Dad went back to that place called "work" today and the No. 1 question he got was, "How much sleep are you getting?"
Well, Dad, how much sleep are you getting? Because I'm doing just fine, thank you.
It seems that my parents have to rearrange their sleep according to my schedule. Their world revolves around me now. As it should, right?
Dad is getting almost as much sleep as he got before I was born. Mom is getting a bit less sleep because she has to feed me.
I don't abuse them that much. These days, I generally start my night time sleep around 11 p.m. Then I snooze for about three hours and wake up at 2 or 3 a.m. Mom and I hang out -- or I hang out on Mom, I should say -- and then I go back to sleep for another 4 hours or so until 7 or 7:30 a.m. Dad sometimes wakes up for that middle-of-the-night session, but he may be less inclined to do so now that he can't get a midday nap in.
The biggest battle we have right now is during the 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. hours. Prime time, baby. That's right, I want to watch my TV shows, like CSI: New York, CSI: Miami and CSI: Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. Why would I want to sleep during such gripping TV drama?
Mom and Dad give me a bath around 7:30 or 8 p.m., which sometimes I like and sometimes I hate. Then they put a clean diaper on me, mom feeds me, and they put me down in my bassinet. But I can't fall asleep. So I cry, and they invariably spend the next few hours trying to settle me down. It's a fun game, almost as fun as Chutes and Ladders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment