Sunday, July 4, 2010
Multitude of milestones
When you're only a month old, you reach a lot of milestones on a regular basis. I decided to compile all of my recent feats in this one post.
Longest overnight sleep: 7 hours (7/1/10)
I celebrated no longer being a newborn by practically sleeping through the night. After the Slugs game, I was pooped out. I went to sleep at 10 p.m. and didn't wake up until 5 a.m. My parents, as you can imagine, were thrilled. I think Dad woke up and asked Mom, "What time did you guys wake up last night?" And Mom said with glee, "We didn't."
First night in crib: 7/1/10
Yes, making this even more impressive was that I slept those 7 hours in my big-boy crib. I had been sleeping in the cocoon known as a bassinet in Mommy and Daddy's room. When we tried the crib a couple weeks ago, I cried because the crib was too big. But I don't care so much now. Plus, Mom and Dad snore sometimes. How can anyone sleep with that?
First successful Dad bottle feeding: 7/4/10
Mom got this machine that puts milk into bottles. I think it works kinda like my mouth. Except there are two mouths involved. Anyway, Dad finally figured out today how to feed me with a bottle -- he has to put me on my side like how I sit on Mommy. The last three times he tried to bottle feed me, I spit up, including a volcanic spit-up all over Dad's dress shirt yesterday at my friend Sam's bris. (More on that in a forthcoming post.) After he fed me today, I nodded off and slept for an hour.
Longest car ride: 72 miles (7/3/10)
We got in the car and went all the way down to Pleasant Hill on Saturday for what my Grandpa Jim dubbed "FinnFest." Basically a chance for me to meet a bunch of Grandpa's friends and see some family.
Longest car ride without crying: 68 miles (7/3/10)
I very nearly made it the entire way to Pleasant Hill without crying, but there's something about getting off the freeway that makes me upset. I like the speed of the freeway, plus all those whooshing sounds. When we got off the freeway, we lost speed and whoosh. I began bawling the last few miles to Bobbee's house, and what a fun few miles that was for Mom and Dad.
First double-digit weigh-in: 6/29/10
I now weigh more than 10 pounds, based on the unofficial weigh-in conducted by my Dad on the bathroom scale. This will be of no surprise to those who have seen me lately. I am a little pudgier than I was a couple weeks ago, and I can no longer blame this on my cloth diaper. I have been eating like a champ. A sumo champ, that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Great idea to measure Finn against the Sock Monkey. It'll be fun to see what Finn does with the Sock Monkey each month.
ReplyDelete