Saturday, July 10, 2010

I love reading

Dad read to me a few weeks ago, including this boring tome on Wall Street.

You already know how adept I am at writing. And good writing skills start with reading.

(I'm feeling a LeVar Burton moment coming on. No, not the guy from Star Trek. Reading Rainbow. That was before my time, but I took a look. It was in a book. Yes, I can go anywhere.)



So I kicked off the weekend yesterday with my first-ever book club meeting. I started with a good dinner from mom, enjoyed some cheese and crackers and dissected the meaning of Shel Silverstein. Then Dad came and picked me up, since this book club is for women, and I am not a woman.

I plan to form my own book club where we chew on books. Literally.

Dad put me to bed by himself for the first time last night. He survived my shrieking through bathtime, then dried me off, tossed me in my new BumGenius night-time diaper and fed me with a bottle. A little rocking, and then I nodded off.

I should at this time offer an apology to Mommy. I've been a bit rambunctious this week. I think it's because I've hit another growth spurt, and I constantly want to eat. I didn't sleep very well for about three days, but things have calmed down significantly since yesterday.

Curious George wrote a book about visiting the library. I guess he didn't have a blog.

Our big activity today revolved around reading, too. We went to this place with a bunch of kids and a ton of books. It was called a library. I thought Mom and Dad had a lot of books on their shelves, but this library place put their collection to shame.

It turned out to be the grand re-opening celebration for our local library, Belle Cooledge, which underwent a renovation. They had a juggler, a guy making balloon animals and face painting. I am a little too young for face painting, although I've done a good job covering my face with slobber lately.

We picked up a few books, including Curious George Visits the Library. Mom already read that one to me, as well as another book on fruits and vegetables. I don't know what fruits and vegetables taste like yet, but they look a lot more colorful than milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment