My little Finn was born almost 8 weeks ago, and he has grown in leaps and bounds in that short time. For him, it’s all about how much he can take in, as evidenced by this aptly designed onesie.
Sammy, you'll catch up soon. I just have a 24-day head start.
Also, check out the many chins on my not-so-little Finn:
But for me, I have the opposite goal. I would like to lose that pregnancy weight and then some. Finn has been patient enough to go with me to the postpartum fitness class at the Sierra 2 Center in Curtis Park the last few weeks. There, mommies bring their babies to class and can have an hour-long exercise session. Occasionally there is an interruption from a crying babe or two, but for the most part everyone cooperates.
While the mommies work out, Finn hangs out.
But even I need to take in some calories at times to make sure that Finn can have good, healthy meals of breast milk. Fortunately, my good friend Ellen was available to join me for a meal at Crepeville last week.
Finn is ranked #1!
I will report that while my weight has certainly gone down over the last few weeks since I got clearance from my doc to “resume all normal activities,” Finn’s weight gain is really the biggest news. Our friend Heather Conway, IBCLC (internationally board certified lactation consultant), stopped by today with her handy infant scale. She weighed Finn, and the results explain why his clothes are getting tighter and my back is hurting more. I guess I gotta start lifting more weights!



I love the Mommies version. Like Auntie C says he is so adorable!
ReplyDelete