Monday, July 19, 2010

I conquer the Bay Area

Have you ever been to Sacramento? This place is oppressively hot. I hear it's a nice place to raise a family. Especially if it's a family of camels.

Because Sacramento is so hot, Mommy, Daddy and I drove down to this place called the Bay Area. It is not nearly as hot. Apparently, there are big bodies of water in and around the Bay Area that keep it cooler than Sacramento. We also wanted to go there to see a lot of friends and family who live in the Bay Area because they are smart enough to reside in a comfortable climate.

If I'm smirking, it's because I can't have cake.

First, we saw Sara and Greg and met my new friends Ryan and Leah, who were each celebrating their birthdays. Ryan is 4 and Leah is 1. Leah was nice enough to let me use her room to eat and change. Ryan was friendly and came up to say hi in between bouncing in his big inflatable house. I am not sure why Ryan lives in an inflatable house, but it seemed like a fun place to live.

Grandma is sizing me up. I think I passed this time.

Then we went to Livermore to see my Grandma Keithette and Dave, as well as Sarah and Noel, who stopped by with a pizza dinner. We also saw my Auntie C, who came to breakfast with Grandma, Dave, my parents and me.

I like Sarah. She made me possible.

I was especially excited to see Sarah because I owe her my life. She didn't rescue me from a pool or save me from a burning building or anything like that, but she is the mutual friend through whom Mommy and Daddy met a long time ago. If you've ever seen the film Back to the Future, you know that if Mommy and Daddy don't meet, your body parts start to disappear, and it's a lot of trouble getting them intact. So I'm really glad Sarah exists.

It was my first overnight trip away from home, not counting the hospital. It took me a little while longer to fall asleep, but I did fine in the end. Maybe I was just anxious about the next day's adventure ...

We set sail for a three-hour tour ...

In case you were wondering, I'm the Tysell in the middle.

We capped off the trip with my first ever sail on the Bay. I guess the Bay is good for things other than cooling off the Bay Area. Uncle John has a sailboat, and our crew consisted of me, my parents, Aunt Gwynne and Grandpa Jim.

It was a windy day, so we stuck to the inner harbor of Richmond, where we saw a World War II battleship and a bunch of industrial port buildings. There were moments when people had to duck when the boat turned, but I was OK because I'm short, and my parents made sure to protect me from the sail. We did everything on the high seas, from feeding to changing my diaper. I didn't throw up once. Grandpa Jim says I have my sea legs now, but I don't see anything other than my normal legs sticking out. Maybe they disappeared like in Back to the Future.

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful to meet you! So fun to get some credit!

    ReplyDelete