Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Good tidings from Ashland ...
I left California for the very first time this past weekend. We went to this place called Oregon. It seems greener and a little colder. More people have beards. And their football team is a lot better than the ones we have here in California.
We went up there for the annual family trek to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. To be or not to be, that is the question. And my answer was not to be, since I didn't actually get to see any plays. I guess they think 4-month-olds would be too loud.
We spent the first night at the Flagship Inn and the last two nights at this great cottage that my Grandpa Jim rented for our family (thanks, Grandpa!). I had my own room.
My parents each saw two plays, Throne of Blood and Pride and Prejudice. We also went for walks and enjoyed some good meals in the cottage. And we got to watch the Giants play two games on TV. They lost Game 2 and won Game 3, although my Dad and I thought they were going to lose Game 3. I even started crying and threw my hat until this guy for the Braves let the ball go through his legs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Great shot of Grandpa Jim and Finn. What a doll baby...that is Finn of course!
ReplyDelete