After 9 weeks, I've had a chance to test drive a lot of baby gear. Moms and Dads get a lot of advice before having a kid on what to buy, but each of us is different. So what works for one might not work for another.
With that in mind, I offer you my first-ever review of my stuff. As fair warning, my opinion may be entirely different a week from now depending on my mood and growth spurts. Yes, I am that fickle.
1. Exercise Ball
I love the exercise ball. When I'm wailing, a couple minutes of bouncing on the exercise ball in Dad's arms is enough to calm me down. Sometimes I even fall asleep while we bounce. Not sure why Mom and Dad waited until Week 4 to discover this, but I'm glad they did. And so are they.
2. Ergo
This is a baby carrier that allows me to be close to Mom and Dad while they walk around, hike or do other things. I can't see very much from my perch in the Ergo, but that doesn't matter because 90 percent of the time I fall asleep listening to a heartbeat.
3. BumGenius diapers
We went 97.2 percent cloth after four weeks, and these BumGenius diapers were the main reason why. I wear these at night, and they are strong enough to make it all the way through without a blowout. They are pricey at $17.95 a pop, but well worth it.
3a. Thirsties fitted diaper covers
We're going to make brief reference here to diaper covers, but we don't think they deserve their own number. After fiddling with different diaper covers, there's a clear winner in the fitted Thirsties ones. These provide a tight enough seal to contain all of my business. Right now I'm on the small size, but I'll be heading over to medium soon enough, as you know if you've seen my recent pictures.
4. Miracle Blanket
This is a very bizarre contraption that basically turns me into a mummy. But I still like to be swaddled, since it reminds me of the womb. Also, my arms have a mind of their own, and they'd hit me in the face and wake me up if it weren't for a tight swaddle. Dad likes this better than the "Swaddle Me" velcro sack, but Mom could go either way.
5. BOB Revolution stroller
As Mom puts it, this is the SUV of strollers. Which is funny, since Mom and Dad don't have an SUV. As most of you know, they cram me into their little Volkswagens, which work fine (though we really put that Golf to the test this weekend). Anyway, the BOB is a jogging stroller that has inflatable tires and shocks. It's what I rode in during our hikes at Point Reyes, and it's very comfy for walks around town.
And that's it. Watch for another buyer's guide in a few months when I review things like sippy cups and high chairs. I bet you can't wait.




No comments:
Post a Comment